Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Adding Some Glam/Glitter to Our Girl's Dresser Knobs


Our girls share a bedroom; for a long while we were able to get away with keeping all their clothes in their bedroom closet. When this got too tight last year, we added a tall gray dresser to one side of their room, which worked well until recently.

Well, over time they've grown (shocking) and we noticed that their clothing collection had as well. So in doing what I do best around here, I decided it was time to play musical furniture. 

My husband and I moved this white wooden dresser upstairs a few months ago and I thought I'd try it out in the girl's room. I ended up liking how it looked and decided it was going to stay. The dresser serves a good purpose and gives our girls more space to put their clothes away (who doesn't love more storage?).



However, this dresser has come a long way since we bought it years ago, and I figured it was time to fancy up the knobs a bit with some sparkle. 

On a recent trip to HL with my kids, my girls spotted this beautiful gold and pink card stock.


Cute!!

With a price tag of $2, I decided to buy the card stock to see if we could somehow use it for the knobs. 

My plan was to cut out little circles large enough to fit over the front of the original knobs and use Mod Podge to secure them.

I started by tracing a knob to make 12 circles on the paper and then cut them out. 





Once the card stock was attached, I added more Mod Podge over the glitter paper and let it dry.

Hopefully, they will hold up nicely over time. We shall see! 

Tip: I believe this project would work much better on wooden knobs if you have them. Also, a lighter paper (something not too thick) would adhere better than the paper I used.  



We also bought this gold "Sparkle" sign for a couple bucks to add to their door. :) I mean, why not?! 














I don't know about you, but I love a good before and after picture...so here is one from a few years ago.


picture is from the listing when the house was on the market

 Here is where we are today with this space! 





So fun to see the changes over time that we've made in here. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.