Monday, February 22, 2016

5 Easy Ways to Complete Any Room

The nursery is pretty much complete...sometime in the future I would love to get a new rug for our son's room, but for now the room is done and I love how it turned out. 
With that said, I wanted to share some easy ways to add detail to any room and since the nursery is one of the rooms that's recently been finished, I'm going to use it as my example for this post.

 
1. Add artwork and/or personal photos.
In the nursery, I took one of our favorite photos of the kids and hung it up over the crib. It's absolutely perfect! I also added some Winnie-the-Pooh prints that have also been used in our girls' room when they were babies. All of these have added that extra special touch to the space and can be done in any room.


2. Add a pop (or two) of color.
If you are using neutral wall colors in your home, it's a good idea to add pops of color elsewhere. Go ahead and do it...if you don't like it, remember it can easily be changed! In the nursery, I did this by painting the colors doors a bold green (BM's Bunker Hill Green) and also by painting the changing table in a rich navy blue.


3. Make the rooms flow.
Since the reading room was painted in this bold green color first, I decided to try and tie that in with the nursery- hence that's why the closet doors were painted with the same color. And it was important to keep the nursery walls neutral so they didn't compete with the bold color in the adjacent room.

 4. Add something unexpected.
This is where I like to have a little fun in each room I decorate. Adding something unexpected, like the hanging globe or the tree branch mobile from the ceiling in the nursery not only gives the room some character, but it also adds a little surprise to the space.



5. Have fun with it and be true to your style.
This can be particularly tough to do because there are so many other "pretty and staged" photos out there online. It has taken me a while to find out what I like and what I don't like, but thru trial and error I think I've finally got it down. ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.