Monday, November 9, 2015

What I Bought Recently



You may have seen these things out there called pom-poms. And we're not talking about the cheer-leading kind.

They are cute little balls of yarn that you can make on your own and I fell in love a while back.




Have you ever tried making these?
They aren't that difficult to create and there are a ton of tutorials out there that help.
BUT, I never had any luck making them fluffy on my own using a fork and some yarn like I've read you can do....SO, I caved and bought a Pom-pom maker with a gift card that I had at JoAnns craft store. 

And that did the trick....these little contraptions make pom-poms in no time and they turn out so full. Plus, they come in different sizes!




I won't go into detail about how you make one of these with a pom-pom maker since there are tons of videos and tutorials out there already (fyi- I did watch a few videos online) but you basically wrap your yarn around the pom-pom maker, cut it down the middle, and fluff the yarn. That's it in a nutshell! (but you will probably want to watch a tutorial/video about how to do it).
The pom-pom maker won't have you breaking the bank either...they are well under $10 for 2...not too shabby!

 

This is a photo I pulled off of Amazon of the pom-pom maker, but you can purchase them at other stores as well.  

We made some for the girls room in pink and purple (the color of their choice) and put it on the faux fireplace. Pictures to come soon of their poms when I can get to it.

In the meantime, we've been thinking about Thanksgiving coming up and Christmas and getting ready for the holidays. Can't wait!

2 comments :

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.