Thursday, November 12, 2015

On the Christmas Wish List



I know it is not even December yet and I am already talking about Christmas gifts, BUT yesterday my husband had the day off and some of the big toy stores were having a sale. 
So you know what that means?

I took my youngest out shopping with me (since he hardly has any opinion yet on Christmas gifts anyways) and the girls stayed home with daddy. The 2 hours I spent out was actually pretty nice and calming in a way and I'm glad I got the chance to do it because it doesn't happen often these days.

Here are some items that I was able to get (and some were on sale too which was an added bonus).

 
Melissa and Doug Medical Staff Outfit

To our surprise, our middle child simply loves playing doctor. No idea where that comes from, but she loves giving all of us a check-up complete with band-aids and medicine when we are "hurt" or feeling "sick". I think she will love getting to wear the hospital jacket so she feels legit.

 
Daniel Tiger Bath Toys

This one wasn't on any particular Christmas wish list, but when I saw it at the store I thought it was too cute to pass up. Plus, my girls actually LOVE bath time. I mean they LOVE LOVE LOVE it. They have a couple of bath toys but this couldn't hurt to add to the list. And since they also love Daniel Tiger, I figured this was a win-win!


I also purchased a few things off of a Dollar Rack at the store yesterday for their stockings. Little things like a pocket book with crayons, stickers, and some foam water toys.

This year, I am also ordering a couple of things online...one which I can't wait to write a blog about so you won't see it pictured here yet! 
However, one of the items I am ordering online is a V-Tech camera. I am only ordering one so our girls will have to share it (we will see how that works out!) but I know they will love it. We went to a birthday party last weekend and their friend had this particular camera and they just didn't want to let it go. I'm sure they would have taken it home with them if given the chance!

 

Amazon is selling this one for much cheaper than some of the stores I have already looked at so ordering it online seems like the best choice.

Other than that, they will be getting some things from family as well so we aren't going to go over board with gifts this year. Actually, I hope we never go overboard with gifts (not only at Christmas but birthdays as well) if you know what I mean. It is easy to do, especially seeing that as they get older some of the things they will no doubt want will come with a bigger price tag. Heaven help us when that happens!! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.