Thursday, November 19, 2015

Color of the Year...

According to Sherwin Williams, their color of the year is.....

Alabaster.
   

(wish I could get a better picture, but this was what I could find online)

I wasn't too surprised to hear that SW color of the year was white. Benjamin Moore came out with their color of the year not too long ago and it was "Simply White" so hearing that Sherwin Williams chose a shade in the same color family was to be expected.

Before SW came out with their color of the year, I painted some of the walls in our home in Alabaster, our trim, and the kitchen cabinets. So hearing that it was the color of the year was kind of exciting since we had already used it plenty in our home. 











If you are looking for a great white to use that is not too stark or too creamy, I would recommend this color! You might be thinking that white paint is white paint...BUT believe it or not, like many colors, there are many shades of white and they all have different undertones. Alabaster is one of those colors that I don't think you can go wrong with. While I would most likely never paint a large room or bedroom in this color, I did paint our bathrooms with this shade and it makes other colors around it pop. It would also look great on furniture too.

So what is your take on this color? Do you prefer rooms with more color as opposed to an off-white?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.