Friday, October 9, 2015

What to Do with Your Kids Artwork...



If you are like me, you find it a little hard to part with your child's artwork. 
I wouldn't say I am a hoarder by any means, but when it comes to something that my kids create, it can be hard to let go...even if it is just a scribble on a piece of paper. (anyone else relate to that?) 
If they are excited about it, I want to keep it!

However, I do not keep all of their artwork...I have learned over the years to let go of some of it. The rest of it gets displayed around the house or placed in a folder. What I have recently started doing is organizing their artwork. I have a pre-school folder where a lot of it is kept, and then the remaining art has been placed in frames that I have had for a while and displayed all around the house in places like the playroom, the kitchen, and even the girl's bedroom.

We are fortunate enough to have a set of separate stairs leading to our kid's playroom and I thought that would be the perfect spot to display their art- gallery wall style.
Here are some photos of that:



My oldest did this "abstact" (if you will) black and orange art at school not too long ago and was so proud of it that we had to display it. :)




I also like to put the dates on the back of my kid's art projects just so they can keep a record of when they completed something. I figured they could look back on that in the future and have an idea of how old they were when they did something. Does anybody else do that?? Please tell me I'm not the only one. 

How do you display your child's arts/crafts? Do you have a hard time letting go of some of it?


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.