Monday, December 15, 2014

Dining Room- Phase 2

Hey everyone!
I am finally back with some more progress of our dining room.
Since we moved in, we have painted the upper walls in Sherwin Williams Intellectual Gray, added beadboard wallpaper to the bottom half of the walls, painted the trim, and added some décor to the room. It is coming together quite nicely, and although there are a few finishing touches to add, this room is pretty much finished.
The only thing I would REALLY like to get in this space is another buffet table because the last one we had I sold.
I have been on the hunt for a couple of weeks now for something that would do and just can't seem to find anything. That always seems to be how things work, huh?! When you really want to find something particular, it can take a while to spot it...I find if I am just browsing a place but don't need to get anything in particular, I find a bunch of stuff! Oh the joys of thrift shopping. ;)

Here are some pictures of our dining room progress. If you have any questions about the space, just leave a comment at the end of the post and I will get back to you.

 
 
I have to say that using beadboard wallpaper is a great option and low cost if you are looking for something like it but can't afford to do the whole wood bead board. It looks like the real thing and I have fooled a few people with it when they see it. They are really surprised it's not actually bead board.

 
 
These are the curtains I am going to do a post about soon. They aren't really curtains, but they cost about 1/5 of the price of actual curtains you would buy at a store, and I love them. They are the same ones I used in the girls room as well so that helps create some flow in our home.
I really should have ironed them, so they may not look

 
 
I love the picture below...it is one of my favorite spots to look at when we sit in the dining room because you can see in to our kitchen. :)

 
 
The last two pictures below are of our girls room...I just wanted to show them to you because in here I used the same fabric for the curtains as I did in the dining room.
And the curtains aren't made of fabric you would buy at a fabric store either, so again, I will write up a post soon about them.

 


Have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by!

**If you haven't liked my Facebook page, I would love it if you do!


Linking up with The Pin Junkie and A Stroll Thru Life and Dimples and Tangles.

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is a super inexpensive way to add some character and I love that it is paintable too. Forgot to mention that part!!
      Stephanie

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.