Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Adding Some Hardware to the Buffet Table

Hello...and happy Wednesday! 
We have had some good weather today so a friend and I along with our kiddos took a nice walk around the neighborhood today. Tomorrow is suppose to rain and be cold again, so we are soaking up the "warmer" weather while we have it. 

Today, I wanted to post about the buffet table again. I added some hardware to the front of the drawers and actually love how it turned out!! It all turned out better than expected because I was planning on using handles, but instead, once I saw these brass plates I had lying around in my stash I knew they would look better than the handles, so I went with them instead. Besides, each drawer opens using hidden handles underneath which is a cool feature. I haven't seen that before on a furniture piece, so I am pretty excited about it for sure! In fact, if the buffet table doesn't sell, I will be more than happy to keep it because I love it!! And it looks great in our dining room which is where it will be staying. Plus, it has a tremendous amount of storage with its 9 drawers...gotta love that!!

Here are some updated pictures of the piece. I still need to add some legs to the bottom and a coat of protection to the top and it should be done!
















Thank you for stopping by and I hope to be back soon with pictures of the finished result once the legs are attached to this piece.

1 comment :

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.