Tuesday, May 27, 2014

DIY Painted Planter

Hi!
What a fun Memorial Day weekend we had!
The weather was gorgeous and so my family and I spent a lot of time out in the sun...with sunscreen, of course. ;)


I also got some time to work on a planter I had picked up on clearance at Target last year sometime.
It was in great shape, but I wanted to add some black and white stripes to it.
So I took out my paint and little brush and painted away after taping some straight lines to the planter.

And after the painting was done, we took a trip to Lowe's (because for some reason Home Depot didn't have the type of plant I was looking for) to buy a fern for our planter.

Here it is!



Our little cutie wanted to show off her new hat and sun dress...she is such a beauty!






Our front porch is starting to come together little by little and now has more "life."
I love having plants on our porch but it is hard to keep a lot of them alive...and since I have heard that ferns are pretty easy to keep alive, I think this one will last a while. :)

Have a great day folks and thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.