Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sleek Bathroom Wall Shelves

Hello, hello!!

I have a quick update for you of our master bathroom.


I know, exciting right?! ;)


Well, probably around last year...I don't remember the month because they just seem to blur together at this point...I made some shelves out of spare wood for one of the walls in our bathroom.
It was for storage, and it did it's job...but one in particular was starting to fall apart.






YIKES!!

See what I mean about it falling apart?

Yah, I didn't do that great of a job with this one and from a distance it wasn't that obvious, but it bothered me. 

So I had been on the hunt for some wall shelves for a few months.

I looked around the area...thrift stores, department stores, online, and even tried Freecycle.

It was a bit disappointing that the thrift stores and Freecycle didn't work out.

So what is a girl to do?!

Enter Target....


 I got 3 of these babies for $4.00 each and couldn't wait to put them up on our wall.

I did make a little mistake and accidentally bought 2 pieces in a black glossy finish and one in an Espresso finish.

Yah.

I wasn't paying attention...
what can I say...I had my daughters with me and it's not always an option to just browse the store slowly or take my time looking carefully at the items I am putting in my cart.

Okay, that is just an excuse I made to hide my laziness...I really did have time to look at the shelves to make sure I was getting the right color, but I didn't even think about it to be honest. I just assumed that all of the same items would be in the same area. 

Anyways, it wasn't a big deal. I just went back to Target to do a quick exchange once I got home and realized that the shelves weren't matching. 

Thankfully, Target is like 3 minutes down the road from our house...maybe less than that.
Yah, it's nice!! :)


Once the shelves were installed, I quickly put our things on them and took some quick pictures.



I love my nail polish collection and so does my daughter. They were a gift from my mother-in-law.





Oh, and in case anyone is dying to know (which I know you are probably not), our wall color is Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams.
It's a lovely pale gray.


Have you ever tried to make your own wall shelves? If so, how did they turn out?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.