Monday, March 10, 2014

Laundry Room- Painting Away


Hiya!
How was your weekend?
The weather was surprisingly wonderful this weekend and so we took advantage of that and did some outdoor activities. We even had a picnic outside and the girls LOVED it!
There is a sweet candy shop near us and of course we checked that out and bought a few things...which I can proudly say was eaten all in the same day. ;)

Love me some dark chocolate y'all!!


Well, onto today's post.

After we moved into our home about 3 years ago, I knew I wanted to have all of the rooms painted in our home (well, except for the closets...haha!)
Finally, that thought became a reality last weekend and the last room in the house to be painted was our laundry room and it is DONE!

So yea, it took 3 years to get everything painted but hey, at least the painting is done. :)

Hooray!


So to start, I painted all of the walls in that room except for one...and instead of painting that one wall (which is behind the washer and dryer) I hung up curtains...it made things a little easier as far as painting goes.



Here are some before pictures....









And here are some pictures after the walls were painted...
It's subtle in the pictures but obvious in real-life.








Some details about the change:

***  I only paid $1.50 to redo the room.
Yep, you read that right....one dollar and fifty cents.

That is because the only thing I purchased was the curtain rod that is used to air dry clothes and other things and that I purchased at Target.


***  The paint was used from some left-over paint we had and it turned out to be a really nice neutral mix of gray and brown. I love it!!!


***  The curtains were bought at IKEA a couple of years ago and I moved them from one room in our house to the laundry room where they work so well.


***  I bought the plastic green bins from Target and they are so great for organizing...they were about $1.


***  I made the "Love and Happiness" picture on the wall. It was an easy DIY project I did during nap time.



And there it is everyone...our painted laundry room....DONE!!!


I know it this is a simple and quick post about a simple DIY project, but that's really all I have time for anymore...and I prefer it that way. I love working on projects and decorating our home, but don't have a ton of time to do long or more intense projects because of my family responsibilities and priorities...but you know what, I wouldn't trade that in for anything in the world. I love that I can spend time with my husband and kids and still do small projects on the side.
 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.