Monday, October 21, 2013

A Little Reading Nook

Hello, hello!!
The hubs and I are almost finished with our BIG project and I can't wait to share it with you all...but until then I have some smaller projects that just got completed and are ready to be posted!

In our family room, we have this area by a big window that didn't really have a purpose...that is until I made it a reading nook. :)


I used some scrap wood from our BIG project to make magazines racks for the wall next to our reading chair.


I spray painted the wood with chalkboard paint so that I could easily switch our magazines and books if need be.




Our reading nook may not be magazine worthy but we love it all the same and it really makes for a nice place to cozy up and read (that is, when we get the chance to).
So far it has become a space that my oldest daughter loves to be in and read with her books, which is such a sweet thing!


Oh, and don't you just love the little "pup" in the bottom left corner of the picture? :)
That belongs to my daughter which we got from a friend recently. She loves giving her play puppy "treats"...and sometimes she will actually give our real-life dog a treat...that is when she isn't teasing him with her food!!

Oh the joys of being a parent! Haha!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great start to your week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.