Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I've Learned About Blogging So Far...

Hi everyone!

I have been blogging for a little over a year now and have learned a few things along the way.
You know, when I first began my blog, I blogged about small Do-It-Yourself projects around our home. Then, it turned into blogging about larger projects so that our house could feel more like our home.
With the help of Pinterest and other blogs, there have been tons of good ideas out there I have tried and had success with or that didn't work so well for us.

Here are some of the things I have learned so far...good and/or not so good. :)

 1. Do what you love!
This is probably the biggest thing really. With all the inspiration out there in blogland, it can be hard to veer off path of a plan and go with what is "popular" at the time. If you do what you love, you won't really have that problem.

2. When it comes to painting a home, make sure you test out swatches.
I learned this the hard way at first and bought a few gallons of paint based off of a paint swatch. Oops! Paint does look different based off of lighting and it does look different on the wall verses a paint swatch.

3. Blogs, Magazine, and Pinterest are good places to begin for inspiration, but aren't necessarily the be-all and end-all of a project. Things can be tweaked as you go and can be changed to suit you and your families needs and/or wants.
This kind of goes back to number 1.

4. Try and watermark your pictures for your blog so people know who created those fabulous projects of yours!
There have been a few times where I have come across pictures online that don't have the original source marked somewhere on them. It's hard to give credit to the person who took the picture if their personal information isn't on it.

5. Spray paint has done wonders for our furniture and I love using it!!
It seriously can turn a piece of furniture I have thought about throwing out into something new that I can reuse in our home! Love when that happens!

6. Be yourself!
I still struggle with this myself sometimes. If you aren't yourself when you are blogging, then how will people expect to believe your writing and your work.
I do enjoy reading other blogs to get ideas, but really I need to make things my own in order to have my own ideas.

7. Take pictures as you go.
I use to take tons and tons of photos of things and slowed down after having 2 girls...funny how that happens. But I'm getting into the swing of things again and trying to remember to take more pictures of my projects to post to better my blog.

8. If you can't blog 5 days a week, don't fret!!
I try to blog when I can but sometimes it's not always feasible to blog all the time, you know?! I personally follow blogs that post often but understand if you can't blog 5 days a week or more. Some bloggers do blog more than I do and that's great but I try not to give myself a hard time if I miss a day or two of blogging.

So there you have it!
Just a few things I can think of of what I have learned so far in my blogging experience.

I do hope this helps some of you! :)


Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments :

  1. Great post. Being yourself is what draws people to your blog, they love you and your personality, so they continue to come back. I love that we are all so different, it makes life fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the different blogs and styles out there too. It's pretty amazing.

      ~Stephanie

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.