Monday, July 8, 2013

DIY Sofa Table

Hello!!

Did everyone have a good 4th and a good long weekend?
We sure did! Got some projects done and we went to the beach on Friday morning. :)
It was actually a relaxing week/weekend and I will have some fun projects to post this week for you.

Today's project is a sofa table my husband and I built together (although he did most of the dirty work for it)! Remember my post about the sofa table? I wasn't sure whether or not to build one or buy one? Well, we decided to build ours (like my title says!) after a thrift store run mishap I recently took. I was thinking about building our sofa table from a window shutter and low and behold I found some shutters at a local thrift store. However, there was no price tag and the guy at the store told me that I had to wait until their "tag lady" came in. They weren't sure what time she would be in and I didn't feel like going back and forth from our house to the thrift store to see if it was tagged yet or to see if it was still there...so off to Home Depot I went!

I ended up buying some wood with my oldest daughter in tow for under $15.
And the best thing is....the entire project was just under $20...for screws and stain (which I already had the stain for it)! Hooray!!!

Here is what we did!


We gathered all of our wood and decided the layout.




Handy hubby had pre-cut some pieces to hold the wood in place so it was extra sturdy.



I didn't take pictures of EVERY detail, but we kind of following our own plan on how to build our sofa table.
Plus, my hubby happens to be excellent at measuring things (he kind of does that for a living :) ) which helped a lot!


I stained the sofa table with RustOleum's Kona stain.
I love the rich color it brings to our home and when we get wood floors (someday) it will look fabulous!





It fits perfectly behind our couch and provides much needed storage! Mainly for our kiddos toys...for now! :)

I will be back tomorrow with a post on how I styled the sofa table.

Would you ever build a sofa table for your home?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. Great job, I love it and the color is perfect. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty for you sweet comments! :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.