Friday, June 21, 2013

Sofa Table...to DIY or Not?

We have a blank space behind our sofa right now and it would make sense to add a sofa table behind it.
Plus, it would give our room a little more division between the entryway and the family room.

I have seen many people in blogland make their sofa tables and it looks easy and fun and I definitely think I would enjoy building ours...but if I can find one at the local thrift store for under $20 or $15, I would buy it in a heartbeat!!

Other pluses to having a sofa table is that it will provide much needed storage for our family.
Who doesn't need more storage?


Kind of sad right now, right?

Ideally, I am looking to get a sofa table that is taller and wider and one that has storage space underneath. For now, this one is going to do until I find the one...or until I get the materials to make one.

I am digging this sofa table from IKEA. I think I could make one pretty similar to it...but I would stain it to a darker color.

I love this one from Lowe's! And the pull out drawer up top is great too! The price, not so much.

This sofa table is in a good price range all things considered, but I'm still not willing to pay that much for one.

Target always has cute furniture which is a great starting point for where I want to go with our sofa table.


Do you have storage behind your couch?
If so, what kind?


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

  1. Same here due to the amount of toys cramping my living room I'm on the look out for a dresser. Hopefully we both have some luck shopping.

    Desiree @ Yourcraftyfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some wood for our sofa table today, so it's gonna be a DIY project soon...I want to see what dresser you pick up for your living room too...if you blog about it, let me know! :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  2. lovely blog :)

    im now following you through The Lady's Blog Hop - where im co-hosting! id love it if you could check out my blog sometime.

    rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.