Monday, June 17, 2013

Entryway Idea FAIL....

Well, last week I posted about an inspirational entryway that I planned to duplicate a little bit....
well, that plan failed a bit! Does that ever happen to you...you see a picture on another blog or in a magazine and think "Yeah, I'm gonna do that!" and then, as it turns out, the end result doesn't work out like you thought it would?
But there is always a back-up plan thankfully!

It should come as no surprise to you (and to my husband for that matter!) that I LOVE to move furniture around in our home. It's amazing what a little rearranging will do.

Here is what our entryway use to look like:

 


And the entryway by our door use to look like this:


So it just didn't make sense to me that our IKEA shoe storage wasn't by our front door.
So I moved it!! 
 Problem solved, right!?

So here is where I am right now as far as moving things around goes:



I still have more pictures to share with you about the new arrangement.

And yes, we do have 2 shoe storage systems...stay tuned to see where the other one went.

Also, I repainted the shoe storage systems with a custom color I mixed together. I'm not really feeling the new color so it may get painted again to an off-white, or navy color....who knows at this point!!!


Are you as indecisive as me?
I hope so, so I can feel a little better about myself and my impulsive decisions. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.