Thursday, June 27, 2013

A New Ottoman

I recently had to update our chevron ottoman (maybe "had" is a bit of a strong word). And it's not like chevron is going out of style, but I thought it was too much for our family room so I went to JoAnn's with the little one's and bought some new fabric.



Here's my little helper!! :)


After a little bit of deliberation and talking with my oldest about which fabric would work best in our family room, I narrowed it down to a deep navy fabric for less than $4.00 a yard. Can't beat that price!

I also bought some gold embellishment to add to the ottoman for $.50 a yard. Great deal!



Oh...and I searched GoodWill and stumbled upon a smaller ottoman that would fit our space better for about $8.00. So the total was less than $15.00 for a new ottoman and update.

Here is what I came up with:



I cut the fabric into 5 equal pieces and stapled them neatly to the ottoman.




Then I hot glued the gold trim for extra pizazz!
It looks so good and we love resting our feet on it while hanging out in this spot.



I'm also loving our new family room arrangement. It works much better with the flow of our home.

And if you are wondering what I did with the chevron ottoman...well, I have it upstairs in our bedroom under my desk. It works great there!



What do you think about ottomans? Do you use them in your home?


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

  1. I love the way you covered the ottoman! What a great idea!! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a simple DIY project and it really adds to the room. We love it! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your new ottoman, you did a fantastic job of redoing it and your family room looks so inviting. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will be live Monday evening. www.astrollthrulife.net. Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.