Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book Storage Upstairs

The post from yesterday continues....

As you know, the space upstairs in this little corner has been lacking in design and for a while I didn't know what to do with the area.
Recently, I purchased some boxes at Office Depot and recovered them in paper, fabric, and twine.

Now the little space looks like this!


The green lamp is from Target.
I love it's pop of color!


All of these boxes hold books from my teaching days.
They will make great reads for our girls when they get older too! :)


And the picture frame of our sweeties was a purchase from Home Goods.



Other sources include the white painted bookshelf we bought at Target a few years ago and I covered a wine bottle in twine (you can see it in the pictures above on top of the bookshelf).


Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments :

  1. Awesome! Thanks for becoming a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you dressed up your storage boxes, so cute!!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to create some storage like this! Your storage boxes turned out nice! Visiting via a hop drop by anytime. I am @ DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Krista and Theresa! They were pretty easy to do and soooo cheap! Better than buying something more expensive too.

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!. Thanks so much for linking up to the Whatever Wednesday Party. Already a follower of your terrific blog. :)

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it, Sandy! :)
      And I love new followers! Thanks for always hosting a great link party. :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  6. It's got a nice quality look to it, this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your color and pattern choices, the twine is perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twine keeps it from being too plain I think. It adds some character. :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, I love the look of this! So pretty. I'll be featuring this in my party highlights this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.