Friday, February 15, 2013

Painting Interior Doors

Have you ever thought about painting the doors in your home? And by doors, I mean the interior ones...not just the doors outside. 
Well, I have been thinking about doing that with just the doors we have downstairs, not upstairs. That way, I only have to paint 4 instead of 12 or however many we actually have in our house...can you tell I haven't counted how many doors we have? ;)

I haven't been thinking about painting the doors for long so that is why I am holding off a bit on doing them...plus, being 9 months pregnant already is keeping me from doing something like that...but just for now!

I really think I am going to paint them in the next month or so...and I have already run the idea by hubby and he thinks it would be a great idea! He actually said that! :)

Here are the 2 colors I am thinking about:
  

And.......



Protege Bronze is the darkest color on the swatch line that we used to paint our walls. 

We used Wool Skein in the loft and a mixture of those for the guest room.

So it would make sense to use Protege Bronze, but I really am digging Porpoise- which is a brownish gray color.

Decisions, decisions.......


Here are some inspirational photos I have found of painted interior doors:

http://southernhospitalityblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Interior-Doors-with-Trim-A-Well-Dressed-Home_thumb.jpg 
From Southern Hospitality- testing out the paint colors


Cote de Texas



Southern Accents

So what do you think?
Would you ever paint the doors in your home?


Thanks for stopping by!
SW7047 Porpoise

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.