Thursday, December 20, 2012

Buffet Table Update

Hi there and good morning!!
I hope you have had a good start to the week so far....can't believe it is already Thursday! :)
Well, I have been wanting to update the buffet table we purchased at the thrift store a few months ago. We bought it for $45 which I think was a sweet, sweet deal! What I loved about the buffet table was its style and look. You will see what I am talking about in some of the pictures below.


So to the right in the picture above, you can see what the buffet table looked like once we picked it up from the thrift store.
The brown toned wood wasn't a bad color but I really needed to lighten up the space, especially since the table is so dark already (and in the future we are talking about getting laminate wood flooring too). All that wood would be too heavy in the dining room, so I needed to paint it.


Here is what she looked like after priming with Zinsser. Love that stuff!


I didn't worry too much about the details on the inside of the buffet table since no one would really be looking that close....plus, it is going to be filled with things anyways.


Now, I still have to paint this baby (which I have already done) but haven't posted pictures of them yet because I still need to take them and upload first.


It is still a work in progress in this room. There are a few things I would like to change but that will again come with time.


Don't those handles look awesome?!! I love them!
I also love the intricate detail of the doors. :)


That's it for now and hopefully I can get the pictures of the updated buffet table uploaded soon and ready for the blog!

Thanks for stopping by!


Crafty Confessions

4 comments :

  1. Hi, I do like what you did to your buffet table and agree that the details on the doors is nice. I found you on Thursdays Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, well done! Thank you for sharing at the hop, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! I just love what a can of paint can do.

    Desiree
    craftygirlaz.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.