Monday, November 26, 2012

Random Progress and Things

 
Hello, hello and happy Monday!
 
Did you all have a good Thanksgiving?
My family and I really did have a good Thanksgiving.
Since we weren't able to drive to Florida this year to visit with family, we had our first Thanksgiving at home and celebrated with friends from our church.
 I cooked a delicious turkey (my very first one!), home-made stuffing, and home-made mashed potatoes!! Yum!!! :)
Our friends brought some sides and dessert and we just had a wonderful time talking and eating....and eating some more. ;)
 
image source
 I did take some pictures of my first turkey (cause I'm weird like that) but the image above isn't my turkey...just an F.Y.I.


Well, I do want to share a couple more pictures of my storage bench project and not talk about turkey all day as well as show you some pictures of our decor around the house in progress...so here we go!

 
I primed and painted the bench white and did a few coats and let dry.

 
I still have to make a pillow seat cushion and have already bought the foam at JoAnn's for 60% off!!
I will try and post more pictures of our bench with the baskets in place by tomorrow if time allows. :)

 
And here is our house decorated for Christmas.
We have the tree up with silver and blue ornaments but I haven't taken more pictures of the tree since these last ones were taken.

 

 
And in our breakfast nook, I have a tree up with ornaments. I have since added some leaves and more ornaments, but once again, I need to take more pictures and post them.
 
Also, I purchased some foam for the breakfast bench and some charcoal chevron fabric so once that is put together, I will post some pictures of our new nook.
 
 
 So there you have it...a few more pictures I was able to get uploaded this weekend of our house.
I know I still need to post pictures of the DIY storage bench but things have been a little busy around here so I will see what I can do.
 
 
Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?
 
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.