Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Creamy CrockPot Tomato Soup

 
Hi there and happy Wednesday!!
We are so excited for this weekend because as a family we are heading to a pumpkin patch and another all festival in our area. We love bringing our daughter to fun festivities, even if she is too young to remember them. We still enjoy ourselves and feel it is important to do those kinds of things as a family. It's special to us and creates some good memories!! All of which I plan on taking pictures of and hope to get another family album made for us in the next few months or so. There are so many great sites out there and the one I use all the time for our family albums is Shutterfly, but I know there are some new ones out there.
 
Anyways, that can all be saved for another post sometime in the future, but for today, I want to share a new recipe I am trying in our crockpot.
It is call Creamy Tomato Soup and this will be the first time I am making it. I still want to put out the recipe to you all just in case anyone else wants to give it a go! You can always tweak it if you need too.
I got this recipe off of a website called food.com and am adding my own twist to it so I will let you know how it turns out. In the meantime, let me share with you the ingredients I used for this recipe.

Directions:

Combine the undrained tomatoes & chicken broth; still well and add oregano & basil to taste.
 
Cook on high for 4-6 hours in your crockpot.
 
Add the cream to the tomato/broth mix in the crock pot and stir well.
 
Add some salt and pepper to taste and melt the butter into the soup once it's warm.
 
Serve in crocks or bowls and top with croutons, sour cream, shredded cheese, or whatever you like! We plan on using bread rolls for dipping into the soup and sour cream and cheese! YAY!
Perfect or a fall day I think!  :)
 
Well, let me know if you have any soup recipes that can be made in the crockpot.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.