Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall is QUICKLY Approaching.....

 
and I seriously am soooooo excited about it! :)
The weather here is getting cooler and the leaves are slowly changing on the trees. Fall is literally my favorite time of the year. I love the other seasons too, but there has always been something about fall that makes me smile. :) What about you?
 
I also have some pictures of our front door decorated for fall. I may need to tweak a few things here and there, but for the most part, I feel like the decor is going in the right direction....and it looks presentable enough to show here on the blog. Ha!
And on a side note: I got my fall inspiration from the blog Centsationgirl and other images online.
 
 

 
These are the before pictures of what our front doorway looked like...really not much to see, huh?

 
This puppy was a huge score in price at Target. It originally started out at $50.00 and went on sale or $15.00! What?!?!?!?!?! Can you say YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It needed some t.l.c. but nothing a little $3.00 can of spray paint can't fix.  :)

 
I did 2 coats in a color called Heirloom White by Rustoleum. Even though it was one of their cheaper cans, it really did a good job with covering the original color.
And the dry time was quick too- at about 1 hour.

 
Here is the AFTER!!!!
 
I am in LOVE! :)

 
The pumpkins were purchased at Target and they are faux which means I can use them every year! Yes please!!

 
The garland leaves and the wreath are from the Dollar Tree. Holla!!!!!
I made the wreath with 2 of the garland wreaths I bought and strung more together to wrap around the door for that fall effect.
 
 
Don't you love this look much more? I know I do!
 
I would still love to buy another bigger and sturdier outdoor rug for the front door but don't want to spend $20.00 on one. so I am on the hunt for one for now.
 
I love shopping around the local thrift stores because you can find some great deals.
In fact, over the weekend I went browsing at one of the local thrift stores in the area and bought a colorful abacus for our daugther for $4.00 and a full bag........FULL people......of beach toys for $2.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, you can't get a better deal than that. :)
 
So what do think?
 
Now go out and enjoy this weather!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.