Monday, July 23, 2012

Updates to Our Home

Hi there! I hope you are all doing well. I haven't posted in a few days and am sorry about that, but over the weekend I got the hives and was not feeling well. Have you ever had the hives before? It is not a pleasant experience, especially when you have a little one who loves to run around everywhere and requires a lot of attention. Thankfully, my husband was able to take a few days off from work to help out around the house and he took good care of me. After taking some medicine, I am feeling so much better and hope to get caught up on some things around the house.

I don't have pictures to post today because we are in the process of rearranging our family room up a bit. I have a few different things I want to try out before revealing anything on the blog and it may take a while. But for a quick recap, we are getting rid of an old leather couch we have had for years and replacing it with a new sofa we got for free from a friend (I am slipcovering it) and we are also going to have 2 armchairs in our family room that we didn't have room for before. I bought the two armchairs months ago at a ReStore in the area and made dropcloth slipcovers for them. 

I am excited to get the family room finally done, but movers won't come until Friday to get our old couch so it has to wait until then. Boo!!

I also bought new paint for the dining room which will finally go with the colors of rest of the house. Sherwin Williams was having a paint sale, which ends today, 40% off paints and 30% off supplies. YAY for great sales! Check them out if you need to purchase any paint and/or supplies.

Well, that is a quick run-down of some of our plans and I hope to get some pictures posted soon of the progress.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Monday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.