Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Centerpieces and Pork Tenderloin with Onion Confit

It's Thursday, Thursday already! I can't believe it. My how the weeks seem to fly by now that I have a daughter who is turning 1 soon. We can't even believe that too!

Well, anyways, I wanted to share some pictures of our dining room decorated for summer with you all. A few weeks ago, I decided to take some vases we had lying around our home and paint them on the inside. I just used left over paint we had on hand to do this. I also upcycled some plastic food containers and turned them into vases.
If you are ready for some pictures, here you go!



To see more pictures of our dresser turned buffet table, click here.


We really love the hanging pictures on our wall painting. It is something that can easily be changed out with the seasons or with celebrations.
Right now it is filled with pictures of our little girl because her birthday is coming up soon! :)


Below you can see the bench I slipcovered recently. I decided to use a gray/brown fabric I had purchased a month ago at JoAnn's. It's a simple fabric, which is what I wanted.


In the future, I am going to repaint the dining room walls either Universal Khaki, Sea Salt or Comfort Gray (all are Sherwin Williams colors). Because I am still undecided about the paint colors, it makes sense to wait a little longer before making that final purchase.

 
And now on to a little something different.
I wanted to post about a delicious dinner I made yesterday.
It is called Pork Tenderloin with Onion Confit.




To make this dish, you need the following ingredients:

2 1/2 to 3 pounds of pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup dessert wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degress. Heat oil in skillet and cook tenderloins until brown on all sides. Remove tenderloins from skillet and place on a plate to set aside. In the same skillet, melt butter and cook the yellow, red, and green onions about 15 minutes or until soft. Add wine and chicken broth and stir. Set tenderloins back in skillet on top of mixture and place in oven at 350 degress. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 115 degrees for medium-rare.
With oven mits, remove skillet and place back on top of stove. Cook onion confit over low-medium heat until confit is thickened and add corn (optional), salt, and pepper.

This dish goes well with other sides such as salad, garlic bread, or vegetables.  :)
Enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments :

  1. Love your collection of vases for your centerpiece! And, dinner looks delicious! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks so much, Melissa! I'm glad you commented!
      I followed you back and have to say that I can't wait to read more posts from you. :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Lovely centerpiece of vases with carnations! Fresh flowers always brighten up the house. Your pork tenderloin dinner looks delicious. I'm visiting from Thursday Favorite Things. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! And thanks for visiting my blog. :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Pretty and yummy all in one post! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie, The food and the centerpiece look great. Thank you for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.