Monday, June 11, 2012

The Clues of God


So I am reading this book titled, The Reason for God, by Timothy Keller and I love it. It was recommended to us from some dear family friends and we had it for about a year or so...it wasn't until recently that I began to read this book and so I just wanted to share a short paragraph from the book with you.

Timothy Keller says this about why we all know that God is here and exists.

"Doesn't the unfulfillable longing evoked by beauty qualify as an innate desire? We have a longing for joy, love, and beauty that no amount or quality of food, sex, friendship, or success can satisfy. We want something that nothing in this world can fulfill. Isn't that at least a clue that this "something" that we want exists? This unfulfillable longing, then, qualifies as a deep, innate human desire, and that makes it a major clue that God is there."

Wow! He puts is so greatly that even though we are surrounded by so many things that try and try to grab our attention here on earth, when it comes down to it, there is only one thing that can truly satisfy us and bring us great joy. And that, my friends, is the love of our Lord Jesus who came to die for us. Only He can bring us joy (not just happiness) but true joy that comes from Him.

I would love to know if you have read this book or have read any other books from this author. There are so many wonderful ones out there!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great start to the week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.