Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kitchen Curtains- DIY

Another quick post today about DIY curtains using canvas dropcloth fabric....


After reupholstering our dining room chairs yesterday, I had some leftover Lowe's dropcloth fabric and wanted to use the remaining cloth to make kitchen curtains. I really wanted to create a nice flow from our dining room to the kitchen and using the same fabric in both spaces is a great way to create that feeling.


Here are some pictures I uploaded below of what I did with the dropcloth and a few pictures of how it looks in our kitchen nook.


Look how much left over fabric I had after reupholstering our 4 dining room chairs!!!
Score!!


I bought 2 packs of curtain clip rings at Target! (I didn't even know that Target sold these until yesterday).
Gotta love Target!


I bunched the curtain fabric up top and clipped on the rings so it would
give a nice look.


I wanted to hold the rings up to see how the "bunching" would look.
Love it!!


This is the kitchen nook window I needed to cover. The picture is
a little dark because of the amount of natural light that is let in here. Oops!

If you look close, you can see the bunching that I was able to create with the clip-on rings.

Another picture of the NEW curtains. I really like them!


Today, we met with some friends and played outside in the beautiful weather!
Isn't she cute?!?!  :)



That's it for today's post, but I will be back tomorrow with another quick DIY project!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.