Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Friday!!

Hello and happy Friday to everyone!!

My husband and I are going to try and finish painting the stairwell and the upstairs loft this weekend. It is going to be a lot of work to try and finish, especially because we have some big pieces of furniture to move around in the loft and really high ceilings in some areas. The stairwell and the loft is in dire need of some paint color and what I chose for the stairwell is Relaxed Khaki and for the loft, Wool Skein by Sherwin Williams. I am hoping that this color doesn't go on too light and looked washed out when it is up on the walls. It will all depend on the lighting in there and how each wall looks at different times of the day. The reason I chose Wool Skein for the loft is because it is one shade lighter than the family room wall paint, Relaxed Khaki. Also, the upstairs loft doesn't get as much natural light as the family room and therefore, hopefully, Wool Skein will look much better on the walls up there.

I also would like to see if Wool Skein would work in the kitchen...but that won't be determined until after the color is up on the walls in the loft and I have time to think if it will work well or not in the kitchen with our cabinet colors and countertops.

Here are some photos I found online of Wool Skein...again, all paint colors look different on your monitor, but these pictures will give you an idea of how it will look in any space regardless.


Our Home blog


Our Home blog

Our Home blog


Our Home blog



Swoon Style Home


In this picture above, Wool Skein looks very light. I am pretty sure the reason for that is this family room gets a ton of natural light. In our upstairs loft, we don't have that much natural light so the color should work well on the walls.


Here are a few more beautiful images of Wool Skein

AtHomeArkansas

Pinterest
AtHomeArkansas


This looks like a really nice color pallete and so far I feel like I am on the right track!!  :)


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.