Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We Have a Paint Winner!!!

Over the weekend I agonized really thought about which of the 6 paint sample colors I wanted for our family room and loft upstairs. It can be really tough to pick a wall color that you really like for a big space so I wanted to get it right since this color will be in 75% of our house and probably won't be changed for years.

Well, the winner was Sherwin Williams Relaxed Khaki. I have to be honest and say that I went to Lowe's to buy a $3 paint sample of this color and not SW because Sherwin Williams sells their paint samples for $5 something and I didn't want to spend that much and have to waste more paint. After testing out the Lowe's sample and seeing how it looked at different times of the day and in different areas of the house, Relaxed Khaki was the winner. My hubby liked it as well and was very helpful in picking out the color.  :)

I still haven't decided if Relaxed Khaki is what I am going to go with for the kitchen as well. I would like the kitchen wall colors to be slightly lighter than the family room because we already have dark cabinets and a strong color could over-power the kitchen. Maybe I will have Relaxed Khaki lightened a little bit for when we paint the kitchen, but for now it will stay the way it is.

Yesterday, I went to SW to buy 2 gallons of Relaxed Khaki in flat finish because the satin finish would be too shiny for our walls. I only use the satin finish for bathrooms and maybe the kitchen when we repaint that space. Eventually I will need to buy more gallons of paint for the loft upstairs but for now the family room will get painted first. It's all in baby steps, right?  :)

So this will be a shorter post because I just wanted to announce the paint color we chose for the house and we are very happy with our choice!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.