Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chalkboard Paint

Just yesterday, our little love decided to take a 3 hour nap around 11:14am until 2:15pm...that, of course, would have been the perfect time for me to start painting our downstairs, but I thought she was going to take a shorter nap in the morning like she always does. Nope! She surprised me by taking her longer nap in the morning, so needless to say, I didn't get a chance to paint because I was planning on painting in the afternoon. Oh well! She must have needed the rest and I can always paint the downstairs another day this week.  :)

Nevertheless, I wanted to post about chalkboard paint today. I have seen it used all over the blogosphere and it sounds so cool! I was trying to think of a place we could use it that would be great for the kids and the adults as well. Then it dawned on me that there is a space it WOULD be great for....and that is a little space I like to call the divider between the kitchen and the dining room. You see, we don't have a divider between our kitchen and dining room, so I was stuck painting both rooms the same color since they were connected with each other. Not any more!! Now that there is such a thing called chalkboard paint, it can serve as our room divider and it is a fun way to add a little character to our home. That way, I can paint the dining room a nice shade of blue if I wanted, or any other color that strikes me at the moment.

Here is the color I was thinking of painting the dining room in the near future- this could always change since the painting in this room won't be done for a few months or so.

It is called Respite by Sherwin Williams and it is a beautiful soothing blue that goes well next to Relaxed Khaki by Sherwin Williams.


                                Respite 6514

SW6514 Respite
 Color match of Sherwin Williams SW6514 Respite*


I love blues, greens, and oranges and knew that the dining room is a great place to add some color splash to change from the neutral walls we will have in majority of our house.


Okay....back to talking about chalkboard paint.

So, here are some lovely pictures I found on the web of ways to use this type of paint. Check it out!


Here is chalkboard paint in a kitchen hallway.



Here it is on a kitchen wall for recipes and reminders.



If you don't want to be limited to just black chalkboard paint you can do this:



Rust-oleum's chalkboard paint colors!



And if you are hesitant to use chalkboard paint on a wall in your home, you can read this quick blog about other options available on the market today...some are ones you can even create yourself!

http://thedecorologist.com/wp/dont-use-chalkboard-and-magnetic-paint-until-you-read-this


Pretty neat, huh?!?! Hopefully we can use this paint in the space I just mentioned above. Until then, I need to get the downstairs painted this week!  :)


Thanks for stopping by!
SW6514 Respite
SW6514 Respite
SW6514 Respite

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.