Friday, January 27, 2012

Umbrella Holder- Entryway

I am really excited to post about another thrift store find!  :)  Man, do I love our local thrift store. Can you tell? It seems to me that my family and I are always stopping by there and they have so many great deals. I really encourage you to check out one near you if possible!

Okay, so I would like to start off by saying that our entryway, or lack there of, is a little blah right now. A few days ago, it rained in our area and so my husband came home with his umbrella. He had set his umbrella down by our front door and mentioned he was going to move it to the garage later in the evening, and then a thought hit me!! Why not make an umbrella holder?!?! Yes, that was it! That way, it gives some character to our entryway and also serves as some great storage. I had a few ideas going through my head of what I wanted, so the next day I headed out to Target and the Thrift store for some ideas.

Target had some neat things on display, but again, the price was something I wasn't too keen on spending.


Vine Umbrella Holder This puppy cost $50.99 at Target! Yikies! It is cute, but not something I was sold on.


Atlantis Umbrella Stand - Pewter Again, kind of cute, but this was $38...eek!!


Bird and Branch Hall Tree/Umbrella Stand - Antique White This was $100, but wasn't what I had in mind.


I headed to the local thrift store and found a vase for $9.98, but I wanted to wait a few more days before I made a final purchase. I am sooo glad I was patient and didn't buy that vase right away...my hubby always talks about how important it is to be patient, and he is so right

(Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. ~James 5:7)

Maybe this verse doesn't exactly apply to shopping, but it is still a wonderful verse about being patient and I am glad my significant other teaches me about that!

Okay.....so.....

Here is what we found today!!!!



I know it doesn't look thaattt great, BUT with a little TCL, it will be gorgeous. And even better...guess the price? 

$4.98!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as we walked into the thrift store today, this little beauty was standing right there by the doorway of the store, and they had a few more of them, too.

So here is the plan....I am going to clean out the vase and make sure it looks spiffy. Then I am going to take some twine, which we purchased at Home Depot for under 5 bucks, and wrap it around the vase! It should be fabulous when it is finished.  :)

Here is the twine we bought today:





Can you picture it?



I will post the final product and how I did it on Monday, so stay tuned!  :)


The next time you see this, our entryway should look better than this:



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.